Is GaitScan™ right for my practice?
The GaitScan system leads the industry from the perspective of dynamic patient evaluation.
Each year, hundreds of providers around the world choose to implement GaitScan in their
practice to drive new patient prescriptions, improve efficiencies in the office, and
educate patients on the value of custom orthotic therapy. With 4096 pressure sensors
scanning at a frequency of 300 Hz (frames per second), GaitScan gives you access to
over a million data points for analysis, aiding you in accurately diagnosing and
prescribing orthotics for your patients. In addition, the team at TOG is dedicated to
supporting you and your staff with clinical and technical training, substantial
marketing materials, and guidance throughout our partnership.
What are the benefits of using GaitScan™?
• Helps you to develop a thorough understanding of lower limb biomechanics
• 3D and 2D plantar pressure views offer superior visual impact for patient education
• Provides supporting gait analysis documentation for insurance claims or physician referrals
• Facilitates clinical discussion of patient conditions between practitioners and TOG
• Online ordering capability streamlines the prescription process
What added value can GaitScan bring to my orthotic treatment protocols?
• Quantifies examination findings to optimize prescription writing
• Foot function assessment including plantar pressure and gait cycle analysis
• Identification of possible limb-length inequalities
• Diabetic screening tool identifies areas at high risk for potential ulceration
• Evaluation of patient progress, pre and post treatment
How can GaitScan improve patient awareness of my orthotic therapy program?
Success in building an orthotic practice is dependent upon patient awareness,
education, and positive clinical outcomes. By implementing GaitScan, practitioners
gain access to a tool that can be used to evaluate the biomechanics of each patient
and assess the need for orthotic therapy. Captivating and informative graphics aid in
diagnosis and facilitate the easy and effective communication of foot problems to
patients. Portability allows for off-site assessments and corporate or community
outreach programs. As marketing materials are an integral part of bringing about
patient awareness, TOG provides you with complimentary patient brochures, posters,
catalogues, and educational videos – to support your work both in and out of the
How can I get started?
After working with thousands of healthcare providers around the world, we realize
that each clinic and practitioner is unique. In an effort to make GaitScan easily
accessible to our partners, TOG has developed a number of implementation programs.
Taking some time to speak with our staff will allow us to better understand your
needs and help you choose a program that best fits your practice.
If you are connected to the internet when you launch TCS, you will automatically be connected to our server. Each time the software is initiated, it may take an average of 2-3 minutes for ‘New Order’ button to light up and become clickable, as updates being completed in the background.
For this reason, it is suggested that you close and reopen your TCS program each day. Depending on the speed of your internet connection, it may take up to 10 minutes, therefore, we recommend starting TCS at the beginning of the day rather than waiting until you are ready to scan a patient.
Below are the most common questions about GaitScan™ TCS functionality:
1. The ‘New Order’ button(s) are not lighting up and are not clickable.
If you cannot wait for background updates to occur, you can work around this delay by disconnecting from the internet by:
- Unplugging the Ethernet cable from your computer/laptop
- Disconnect your Wi-Fi
Remember that your Orders will not be sent until you reconnect to the internet. Additional note: When working offline, access to live footwear inventory updates is suspended. Some visible footwear styles may no longer be available.
If the issue persists:
- Close TCS.
- Close all other applications/programs.
- Restart your laptop/computer.
- Do not connect to the internet.
- Open TOG software and create an order. (order will go into pending state)
To remove the order from pending status, connect to the internet and go to the “Orders” tab on the bottom left corner. Select and individual pending order that you would like to submit. To submit all pending orders, click “Test Connection”.
NOTE: To confirm that you are connected to the internet via the TOG software, locate the globe
in the lower bottom left corner of the TOG window.
- If the globe is a blue-green color you are connected to our server and need to wait a few minutes for the product updates to occur.
- If the globe is greyed out (not lighting up), please contact a member of our Technical Support team at 1.800.551.3008, Option 3.
2. If you see a License Expired Message
- Ensure that you are connected to the internet.
- In the bottom left corner, click on the Settings Tab.
- At the top of the screen, click on the Update License Tab.(do this with the plate disconnected)
- Click Update.
- If this doesn’t resolve issue, please contact a member of our Technical Support Team at 1.800.551.3008, Option 3
3. Installing TCS
- If possible, perform all critical Windows Updates prior to installing the TOG software.
- Ensure that the Gait plate is connected to your computer/laptop securely in the USB port.
- Install using the blue TOG USB stick and select ‘Setup’, followed by ‘Client Software and Backend Database’. Choose “I agree” to the User Agreement and follow the remaining prompts. Please note that installation times vary based on computer specifications.
- If the issue persists, please contact a member of our Technical Support Team at 1.800.551.3008, Option 3